We desire for our church to be a place where:
The unchurched and unbelievers can come and have the freedom to explore/discover Christianity. Individuals have the freedom to wrestle with God’s truth as they seek to know more about God and His heart. This would include:
- People can come as they are, be themselves, be loved, and be guided into God’s truth and toward a closer and transforming relationship with God.
- Seeking the truth about the Bible ? Is it really authored by God ? If so what role did God play in its inspiration ? Is it true from cover to cover?
- Learning more about God’s grace and its ultimate expression through Jesus and the cross.
- Learning more about the Christian’s identity in Christ. What really happens within a person the very moment they are born-again by grace through faith in Jesus Christ.
- Learning more about spiritual gifts, their expressions, and validity.
- Learning more about the “already” and the “not yet” of the Kingdom of God (its present and future realities).
- Learning more about what God has to say about moral issues (such as sex outside of marriage, homosexuality, divorce, and abortion), marriage, and family.
We are a church where:
- Jesus is our first love.
- We highly value:
- Interactive worship – expressing our love for God, to Him and to others – and enjoying His presence.
- Discipleship – teaching the truth of God’s word, God’s ways, and God’s heart; teaching and modeling how we should respond to God’s love and the importance of becoming more like Jesus in the way we live and interact with others.
- Relationships – developing and growing in our friendship with God and others.
- People are real and genuine.
- Ministering to the needs of others is one of our primary goals. God did not intend for ministry to be limited to ordained ministers/clergy. In the Vineyard our motto is, “Everybody gets to play.”
- People are encouraged and equipped to take their faith in Jesus into their everyday world.
- We earnestly desire to pass on to others the hope that we have come to know in Jesus Christ.
- Casual but modest dress is welcomed.